Its about whats good for the kids
AYSO runs on volunteer power. There are 220,000 volunteers around the country making sure everyone plays! AYSO volunteers are mostly parents of current players, but also siblings, grandparents, parents of former players, neighbors and even active players themselves. AYSO volunteers give each child the precious gift of their time.
AYSO is a family experience. As an AYSO volunteer, a parent gets to participate with their child and teach the values of giving back to the community. Sometimes it's the whole family with parents, siblings and grandparents all getting in on the act.
Coaching and refereeing may be the most visible volunteer roles, but there are many ways to help a team or Region. Many volunteer roles require small amounts of time, but are very valuable to the kids. There is an AYSO volunteer opportunity for everyone.
Volunteering should be a fun and fulfilling experience for you. It's a chance to learn something new, or an opportunity to use the skills you already have. Start out by finding a position or task that interests you. If it's a little more of a time commitment than you can offer, find another parent who can share the responsibility.
If after looking at this list of AYSO volunteer jobs and tasks, you are still too busy to take on a volunteer position but want to help - ask around. Someone always needs help making copies, dropping off flyers to schools or manning a registration table for a couple of hours. There is always something you can offer to help your team or your Region.
Here are some roles that Region 56 need help with and their estimated time commitment. Check with your Regional Commissioner (RC) or Volunteer Coordinator for how you can best help your Region and how much time it will take.
If you feel you can help more please join the Board » Learn more
4-6 Hours Per Season
- Role: Team Parent
- Tasks: Assist the coach by making the snack schedule, distributing the uniforms and making phone calls for picture day, schedule changes, rain-outs, etc. You can cut down that time commitment by working with another parent. Attend meeting on time and date to be determined, check website, coordinate snacks, parties, gifts, relay info, changes, ect. » Learn More
1 Hour Per Week
- Role: Referee
- Tasks:Train to become a regional certified Referee; attend mandatory meeting, referee games.
1 Hour Per Week
- Role: Net Set-up and Removal (Goal Maintenance)
- Tasks: Set up the goals before games and make sure the goals are safe and secure. Take Down nets when you are the last game of the day.
1 Hour Per Week
- Role: Field Maintenance (Field Stripers)
- Tasks: Line field when your team is scheduled as the home team for the first game of the day.
1-3 Hours Per Week During Season
- Role: Assistant Coach
- Tasks: Assist Coach at practice and games
1 Hour Per Week During The Season
- Role: Team Photographer
- Tasks: Although All parents take picture we need 1 team photographer to be responsible to take photos and turn them in to team mom on or before due date.
6 Hours Per Year
- Role: Sponsor
- Tasks: Obtain a corporate/private sponsor for $200. If no sponsor can be found, the team must sponsor itself. Ensure that the form is filled out completely and correctly and turn in both $200 and form in on Picture Day.
6 Hours Per Season
- Role: Pre and Post Season Field Workers
- Tasks: Help prepare the fields for the soccer season by assisting with the setup of equipment and field maintenance such as fertilization. Once the season ends, help take down equipment.